Suzuki Endurance Racing Team will start its World Endurance Championship defence this weekend at the Bol d'Or 24-Hour Race at Magny Cours in France.
The 77th Bol d'Or will start at 15.00 hours on Saturday April 20th
|SERT ready for the Bol d'Or|
Racing on Suzuki GSX-R1000s, twelve-times World Champions Vincent Philippe and Anthony Delhalle are joined by French Superbike Champion Julien Da Costa and reserve rider Alex Cudlin for the season-opener. The race has attracted an entry of fifty-one, including twenty-nine permanent teams for the four-round series.
A Cast of Champions
* SERT (Suzuki Endurance Race Team) finished runner-up at last year's event, and with only two riders after Philippe was injured early on.
* BMW Motorrad France Team Thevent is regrouping after losing Erwan Nigon and Damian Cudlin to the German Superbike Championship. The Belgian factory team will be relying on Sébastien Gimbert, 2012 FIM Superstock 1000 Cup winner Sylvain Barrier, Karl Muggeridge and AMA Superbike star Jake Zemke
* Yamaha France GMT 94 Michelin Yamalube is sticking with its winning line-up
* Monster Energy Yamaha YART's Igor Jerman and Katsuyuki Nakasuga are being joined on the Austrian Yamaha by Broc Parkes and Australian Josh Waters
* Honda TT Legends John McGuinness and Simon Andrews will be supported by two more TT specialists, Michael Dunlop and Michael Rutter
* The SRC Kawasaki team has made up for the loss of Da Costa by signing two new riders who made their mark in the Superbike World Championship and the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup - Loris Baz and Jérémy Guarnoni. SRC will be only be racing in the Bol d'Or and the 24 Hours of Le Mans
In the Superstock class:
* Starteam PAM Racing (Suzuki) 2013 Bronze medallists has a new rider line-up in Sébastien Prulhière, Axel Maurin and Kevin Longearet
* Atomic MotoSport (Suzuki) is also pursuing the FIM World Cup with Cédric Tangre, Frédéric Jond and Robin Camus. After winning the FIM Endurance World Cup in 2011
* Motors Events April Moto (Suzuki) is looking to make a comeback with Grégory Fastré, Michael Savary, Claude Lucas and Clément Chevrier.
* Junior Team LMS Suzuki will also be one to watch with Baptiste Guittet, Etienne Masson, Nans Chevaux and Nicolas Pouhair in contention for a Superstock win at the Bol d'Or and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Information from Team Suzuki Press Office - April 18